Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Vendor Chat: Candice James, Divalicious Designs

This weeks featured vendor is Candice James of Divalicious Designs! Candice is the blog designer responsible for Wedding Stylista's new trendy look. We had the opportunity to pick her brain a little and here's what we learned: How long have you been doing the blog templates?

"I have been doing this since May of 08', about a month after the birth of my daughter. I had been thinking about it for awhile, and decided to just dive in. Divalicious Designs anniversary is coming up really soon!"

Have you seen an increase in people wanting their blogs to be more customised to suit their personality?

"Yes, when I first started I was just trying to get established plus I had limited time with the baby, so I was only offering pre-made templates. In that regard business was doing OK, and I expected that because you need to set up a repertoire of good work and trust with the customers. But once I was finally able to open up to have more time to do customized templates, well that's when I really started get good business."

Have you ever done a bride's blog design?

"No, I haven't, but I have done quite a bit of Wedding Planners, and Photographers who specialize in Weddings. So I definitely have to thank the bridal community."

What's your favorite thing about doing this?

"For me this is really fun, and it's something I really enjoy doing. I love trying new things, I really love trying to give the customers what they want while still putting some of my Divalicious into it. and my absolute favorite thins (as you can see I have many) is the customers reactions. I want them to have something they can be proud of, a design that will have them going back to look at it, over and over, and even tell their friends about it. It is not about the money at all, because as soon as I am not enjoying it anymore, I will probably give it a rest."

Thank you Candice!

1 comment:

Nadine Lynn Weddings said...

Hi Kaylee, thanks for following and please do check back. Soon we will be starting doing some great giveaways - so spread the word!
Take care,
Nadine

Post a Comment